Camps can have up to 8* participants, $350 per person.
Each Camp 1 meets at Doug’s Water Sports at the Hood River Event Site where the group goes over equipment, wing handling, board handling, and introductions. Then, during 2.5 hours of water time you will receive personalized and group instruction and feedback, with plenty of time to hone your new flying skills.
Participants can expect to cover:
- Conditions – Identifying the best conditions for your level, how to determine wind direction, what to look for in an ideal launch and land location
- Rigging – How to rig the equipment, identifying the right equipment for your conditions, safety equipment and what to use
- Launch and Land – How to carry the equipment, launch and land safely, how to get set up and going on the water
- Wing Control – How to use the wing to generate power, turn and reduce power
- Riding- riding on a SUP to learn how to use the wind to direct your movement, turning (tacking and jibing), techniques to stand up on the board
*For classes with more than 6 participants, people will be paired up and work as buddies to maximize efficiency and learning.